Old 11-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #47
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkberryboy
Well my T-Mo rep beat up your T-Mo rep...

Look one glaring fact still remains; Cingular will have exclusive rights to the 8700 for a min of 30 days. Simple math:
November has 30 day, if, and only if, it come out on the first, the earliest T-Mo would have it would be Dec. first. However all indication on this forum is "sometime in Nov". So lets assume its a Monday release of the 14th, that would only give T-Mo 10 days in Dec, at the earliest, to sell the 8700. I find it difficult to assume T-Mo would mount an advertising blitz for only 10 days of sales in Dec. I tend to think Q1 of 2006.

But I have been wrong before…

I spoke with my Tmobile rep last night at the launch (that's right, Tmo rep at Cingular event) and he told me that the 8700 is now under Tmo beta-testing, and that Cingular has exclusive on the EDGE device for 90 days. He also told me that Verizon was launching the 8700 this week. I asked how is that possible if Cingular has exclusivity? Well, apparently, Verizon's device is EV-DO and not EDGE, so that makes the difference. Was also told that B2B will have first crack at the 8700t before released to consumers.