View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #56
BBUser7100t
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo
I spoke with my Tmobile rep last night at the launch (that's right, Tmo rep at Cingular event) and he told me that the 8700 is now under Tmo beta-testing, and that Cingular has exclusive on the EDGE device for 90 days. He also told me that Verizon was launching the 8700 this week. I asked how is that possible if Cingular has exclusivity? Well, apparently, Verizon's device is EV-DO and not EDGE, so that makes the difference. Was also told that B2B will have first crack at the 8700t before released to consumers.
Wow, that would be great! Everything I have heard is that Verizon would not have the 8700 until mid 2006, which seems to be consistent with how far behind the game they usually are in releasing their versions of devices. For example, the 7100 series has been out for over a year now and they are just now releasing their version.

That being said, I hope you're right because I too would drop T-Mobile in a heartbeat for Verizon. Everyone who has Verizon in my area is much happier with coverage than T-Mo.