Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #43
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sand View Post
I am 32 bit. I was surprised by this because I tested Office 2010 for a week before I installed it on other machines... for 7 days I synced fine - now one BB is a train wreck (the other one, which is not mine, syncs fine.)

I restored a backup to the problem BB from months ago and then tried syncing it to Office 2007 (I still have access to Office 2007) and got nowhere... no sync - nothing.

You are lucky you were able to find a workaround - I have been able to find none.

The BB is my "get it done" smartphone in regard to email/business. I have another thread regarding the lack of email sync with Yahoo through the BIS - RIM is aware and are working on it with Yahoo... it's been at least 6 weeks and nothing.

So I have no full email sync, no contact sync, no task sync and no calendar sync on my "get it done" phone. And because I restored back an older backup nothing on my BB is current...

I really never thought RIM would leave me in this bad of a state...

Sandy
I was considering Companionlink; less than a good workaround since it requires you to install DM 5.x. and costs $50+, which means when RIM finally gets around to issuing the new software you're out the money and the time it will take to clear 5.x off your machine -- and it will take time. Apparently CL supplants the Intellisync module, which, I'm guessing, is in code that simply won't work with 64-bit or, judging from your experience, even 32-bit WIN7. Anyway, I haven't seen any other substitute.
Offline   Reply With Quote