Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #56
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman View Post
Well this sort of jury-rigging made me wonder about a virtual setup under XP Mode on WIN7. You'd install Office 2010 on the HD and forget Outlook 2010 for the moment. Then in XPMODE you install DM 4.6 and either Outlook 2003 or 2007, then make sure USB is supported on the virtual machine. Then you simply use the virtual BB-Outlook setup until RIM delivers DM 6.x. Let's face it: RIM made its own product legacy by its maddening inaction, and XPMODE is the answer to working legacy apps and devices. BTW, I don't know about the rest of the list, but I'm getting little solace out of the iPhone4 troubles, not one moment of schanden freude because I'm still exercised at the numbskulls at RIM. The most recent poster here was right: WE'VE ALL pissed away countless hours on workarounds while the company either sat silently or simply obfuscated.

It's a good workaround but that computer is not capable of running anything virtual. I may have to restore back an image to an older computer (an image with 2007 on it,) do a forced sync of 2010 to 2007 (to get it current) and use that computer to sync the BB. It depends on how long it takes RIM...

As for moving this to Rants and Raves... yes there is complaining (legitimate in my opinion as this problem cost a lot of us A LOT of work) but there is also a lot of good information here on how to work through or around this problem...

Sandy
Offline   Reply With Quote