View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #16
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Carrier IQ (Spyware) on Blackberry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
RIM has given a statement that Carrier IQ is not on their phones, never has been, and is not authorized to be installed by carriers. Beyond that, as more info comes out, it seems that this "issue" isn't so much an issue at all. Are there any phones left that do have Carrier IQ installed without the user's knowledge?
Technolog - AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile use Carrier IQ, but don't collect personal info

Quote:
Three of the nation's four largest wireless carriers xxx8212; AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile xxx8212; say they use Carrier IQ's controversial key-logging software, say they do not use it to monitor subscribers' activities. The Carrier IQ program is an analytical tool, strictly to "improve wireless network and service performance," not to track users' personal data, said AT&T.
I agree with Daphne. This isn't, for me at least, about paranoia. Many will say "if you have nothing to hide then there isn't anything to worry about". It's not that there is something to hide but there is something that is personal and private(contacts, passwords) which I do not want to share.

Last edited by devnull; 12-02-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote