View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Default Re: What's the latest official OS for STL 100-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyedipin View Post
Thanks. Since the Z10 I may get will be AT&T's STL1003 it should be safe.
You mentioned two routes, but shouldn't there be three (I know, if it is not what carrier pushed to the device, it won't matter, it's still "leaked") ?
  1. Carrier's official release (for example AT&T is now at 10.1.0.2019 )
  2. Blackberry's latest official release in all/any carrier for that device (for example 10.2.0.424 getting pushed to unlocked devices on USA carriers, or 10.2.0.1791 as posted on Wikipedia as latest official)
  3. Leaked, unofficial, unannounced releases such as 10.2.1 (Non of the carriers pushed this anywhere, as far as I know).
Therefore, wouldn't it be useful to have at least #2 up to date, so that people can safely load that specific version as pushed by a certain carrier, knowing that there are no major bugs, and it's been tested by a carrier and deemed "pushable" as opposed to people going with #3 thinking it is same as #2.
1. It would just be an announcement, as the official OS would be available OTA, and YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) depending on where you live and who your carrier is.

2. They don't list OS by carrier, I mean, you could Google that information and try to keep it up to date, but in my experience, that is an effort with diminishing returns. In fact, I have been trying to keep track with a database since BB10 dropped, and it's not pretty. I have been thinking of getting back up to date with the legacy OS versions. We'll see.

3. There are just too many leaks, all with too many variations and different Android runtime versions. Autoloaders are available from torrent sites 'Search BerryLeaks' and you can probably find a few. I can't even help people until I find out what version they are on (finding out halfway through they don't even have that option in their settings (as an example))

You're welcome to fill the gap