Old 06-16-2006, 09:02 AM   #27
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
All I can tell you is that I have been told by multiple people that the service is the same- just the price has changed.

Call BB tech support @ the # listed in this thread and talk to them. I listed my bill earlier in the thread and it even lists WAP as an option with a 0.00 charge.

stop messing around with the BB on your end and call them. If the settings were correct before on the bb and you leave them alone then everything should still work provided you get BB tech support to reset your settings.

Are you on BES? you mention 3 browsers and that is a BES setup.
You should have 2 browsers; one listed as "cingular browser" the other"internet browser" ( which shows the BB logo on start up.

good luck but don't give up, I think your settings on the Cingular end are messed up just like alot of other people when they switched plans. I have $29.99 plan and everything works and has all week.
OK, will do, will call them directly. I think I tried that yesterday too, and got someone on the line that told me that WAP would not work with the new plan. That what I was told about the Blackberry browser too, but I went on the live forum and a tech there "re-provisioned" that so thats working again, so thats why I have all three browsers working under the 29.99 plan

Got to love Cingular, different answers depending on who you talk to, and time of day. Geez!!!