View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
StuartV
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I tried a bunch of different headsets back during last Feb/Mar. I tried the Jawbone and didn't like it because I could never get it to feel like it was solidly in my ear. And it wasn't loud enough.

The best I found were both Jabra. The BT8040 and the JX10 Series II. The BT8040 seemed to have slightly better noise cancellation, but the JX10 was so close as to not matter. They were both decently loud. But, the BEST was taking the ear gel from the 8040 and putting it on the JX10. That makes the JX10 fit very solid without even using the ear hook. And it insulates the ear a little bit better from outside noise, as well as directing the sound into the ear canal a little better. The JX10 with the 8040 ear gel is the easiest to hear of all the headsets I tried, and I nothing I tried felt more secure in my ear.

I returned the 8040 and kept the JX10, and then called Jabra and told them I had the 8040 and needed a new ear gel. They sent me a new pack (like what comes with the 8040) for no charge. That plus all the very well-designed charging options that come with the JX10, and the really long-lasting battery, make it a no-brainer for me. If I lost mine today, I'd buy another one immediately.
Verizon 9550
Offline   Reply With Quote