Thread: 8130 to 8230???
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

First of all... I do not owen a pearl 8130 but my sister does (at least a n 8100)... and I find the keyboard on the Flip (8220) waaaaay better than the one found on early pearls...
this keyboard is flat and smooth, still very spacious and comfortable, and it respond better than pearls...

1) I do not know what are memory leaks on the Pearl... but after making an upgrade the Flip is very quick and snappy... I do not do battery pulls anymore... its been a big while since last time....
2) I set the time I want to keep my sms and I think I have it for 15 days or something like that, and I never erase my sms manually.... I had a friend with a Bold that had that problem... but it never was a problem for me.... It only becomes noticeable slow when I hear music over Bluetooth and do other task at the same time (sms, internet browsing, play games... etc)
3) For the 8220 the battery life is supposed to be a tad better than 8230... and when I first test it, was great... If I use just for phone, sms and casual browsing it will last more than couple of days... But I have been using it as my main mp3 player, also over Bluetooth (headphones and car stereo) so this way I have to charge it every day....

I can only live with flip phones and this is the best Ive ever had... I prefer having Wi-fi over GPS cause the lack of 3G in both phones sucks... and here in my country the EDGE network is very slow... so in order to properly use some functions... like download email attachments, urgent browse.. I need a wi-fi connection...

as you may know the external screen offer many advantages and I totally love the features...
being able to discretely read new messages (any type, windows MSN, BB msn, sms, email preview) its awsome...
Also you can control music with the lid close... you can si album art, song name and artist name.... being able to pause, volume up/down, skip f/b.

the internal mono speaker gets very loud, so thats a nice extra... and the screen resolution its great too... Not like the 8900 or Bold but its higher pixel density than the iPhone's screen if you need comparisson.

Keep in mind that being flip-phone the screen scratch less frequently that candybar phones (though I still use a screen protector inside in case the keys-dust scratch a little) and also the trackball is more dust resistant... My parents bought an 8310 each the same day I bought the flip and they both had to take appart the trackball to clean it up... I hadnt just yet and it works great.

Last edited by BUC; 05-13-2009 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: info correction
Offline   Reply With Quote