Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandbb
Huh never happened to me.

I tether with an 8700c all the time. Connection is paused until i end my call.

But tethering, along with the possibilities of using my slingbox on the bb are the main reasons I would like a 3g bb asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpugh
Same with my Verizon 8703e... it stops my data, and takes the call.

But the ability to do both simultaneously would be incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6
Same with my Cingular 8700c & 7130c... it stops my data, and takes the call.

However the problem I have when it picks up the call, is it shuts off the ignition system so my car dies and I'm forced to pull over to take the call.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
If on an EV-DO system at the time, isn't your data session resumed once you end your call?
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwiz01
I have sprint 8703e and when I am using the phone as a modem calls come through. My data surfing or d/l stops until the call is completed. Once the call is completed the phone switches back over to modem functionality.
No user action required.
Apparently, most of you failed to fully grasp the point I was trying to make, probably because I didn't explain it well enough.

So, I'll attempt to clarify. First off, there are times that I do NOT want a phone call to interrupt my data session! For example, if I'm using the as a tethered modem and I'm downloading a large file I need for my computer, I do NOT want that download interrupted by someone calling me! I want them to go directly to voicemail, so I can continue downloading! But then again, I suppose my opinion is colored by the fact that one of my friends uses his Nextel phone as a tethered modem, and at one time was able to set up a special ringing profile for when he was using it as a modem. This profile would send all calls to voicemail automatically, preventing them from ringing through, so that his data session would not be interrupted. There are times I wish that I could do that with my BlackBerry!

Secondly, there are times when I'm using the phone, but would like to be able to still use data to surf the net at the same time! For example, if I call T-Mo customer service and I'm on hold, I'd like to be able to surf the net from my BlackBerry, as a way to pass the time while I'm on hold.

I don't know what's holding RIM up with the release of the HSDPA/UMTS BlackBerries Stateside, but someone needs to light a fire under their arses, so we can get them sooner, rather than later!

If T-Mo doesn't have a 3G available at their corporate stores the very SECOND the network goes live in the Washington DC/Baltimore market, I'm going to become quite surly!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Offline   Reply With Quote