View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
orionlearn

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

So I upgraded the CEO's laptop to a new Dell with Windows 7 and Office 2010. It would not let me setup the sync parameters giving the same error as the rest of you. I honestly could not believe that BB would not be setup since the beta has been around so long. So, I called Sprint to see what they said.

After one hour, I was finally escalated all the way to RIM. When I reexplained the problem, the cat acted like he had never heard of the problem before because I had to explain it twice. He then said that he had to check his internal resources. A few minutes later, he came back on the line very formal and said, "Office 2010 is not supported!" I said, "You are kidding right?" He repeated word for word. I asked if there was a prognosis for the time to fix. He repeated what he said word for word. After I tried a couple of other human and subhuman requests, he asked if there was anything else he could help me with.

I don't know how to read this other than my CEO is a wet hen! Can you imagine the top communication platform not being ready for the top contact management software....Is there something else going on here...a lovers quarrel maybe?

Looks like we are going to go away from BB corporate wide. We have had so many problems with upgrades and desktop manager stuff that it looks like we are going to make the move to Android. Can't say I mind even though it is a lot of work. We will be converting the CEO to see how all that goes. We are ordering a G4 HTC EVO and will try to get everything functional with MS Office 2010.

Not sure if this helps. I have to admit that I have been geeking for a long time and this has to be the strangest hiccup I have every seen.