View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #16
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

Ok, I'll answer your question, but my initial thought is similar to what others have said: if you're happy with your Treo (and you sound like you are), why would you want to switch? Particularly since you won't be able to get the 8700 on Sprint/Nextel for quite some time.

Anyway, for me, I've found the BB to be much more stable and reliable. With the BB, I don't worry about losing my data. If the battery runs down (which would take 4 days), my stuff is still safe. That's a BIG plus for me.

The phone is better. Call quality is nearly as good as my Nokia phones. BT on the BB works very well, too. The Treo would get static-y if I was 3 feet from the phone. I've been able to walk into another room without much of a problem with the BB. I also haven't had a single drop of call since getting the BB. The Treo would randomly lose calls.

This is a strange one: no touchscreen. I know that's weird, but I prefer not having a touchscreen. I can put the BB in my pocket naked without worry about damaging it's functionality. With the Treo, if the screen got scratched, it reduced how well it would work. On the BB it's just cosmetic.

The OS: BB OS is a very well designed one. You can tell it was built from the ground up to be used in the way it is. One handed operation is so simple it comes as second nature. The Treo was pretty good for one handed operation as well, but not nearly as good as the BB.

Hope that helps.

ps - you ought to try Chatteremail for your treo. You'll get push email if your IMAP server supports the IDLE command.