View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
naytsyrhc

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you very much for your information.

Sad, but I'm now pretty sure the BB ist not the right choice for me then. I have some IMAP Servers that I'd like to access on the run, but I do not want any service between these an my device. I'm not really in need of a full Push-Mail service. Just in need of an "everywhere-access". Calendaring and PIM management is very important for me and SyncML access is a must.

I thought about a WiFi device, because it can lower my online costs. There are several free-of-charge WiFi hotspots around here (or at least low-budget-wifi hotspots) plus my own WiFi hotspot at home, that would allow me to access internet/mails without an expensive (and slower) GSM/GPRS/3G access.

The GPS is not a must and if it's like you described, I'm probably more comfortable with an external one as they are offered by Garmin or the like.

Again: thx for sharing your experiences/opinions/information. Was very helpful for my decision making (allthough I do not have a real decision yet, only know, that the BB is not the right one - the "hunt" continues...).
Offline   Reply With Quote