View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #347
wilbret
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default 4.2 exp

I didn't experience any lagging, performance was fine.

However, on two 8703e's, I could not make outgoing calls reliably (CALLING...never connects) without cycling the BB on/off. I would love it if someone found a fix for this, evidently I am not alone. How could two BBs have the same exact issue?

Is there a possibility it could be something related to my laptop or DM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan2 View Post
My experience with the OS 4.2 upgrade has been quite positive. I love the usability improvements such as the ability to type a name directly from the home screen and have the BB return the appropriate phone numbers. This is a real time saver, bypassing the need to launch the address book.

I also am grateful for the ability to assign the middle button to the task switcher. For one handed operation this is a godsend.

As I've posted on a separate thread, I've noticed markedly improved Bluetooth connectivity with my Bluetooth headset, despite the many posts on these forums regarding problems with the 4.2 BT stack.

Certain third party apps also work much better, if you happen to have them installed. One such app, PocketDay works much more smoothly and adds features such as the ability to directly edit memos.

My biggest complaint is the inability to unlock the keyboard via the scroll wheel. This is a pretty big step backward, but given that OS 4.2 is optimized for trackball devices, I supposed it's to be expected.

Speed is an issue at times, but in my opinion, not even close to a dealbreaker. The Profile screen is slow to load and sometimes the home screen as well, but it hasn't significantly impacted my use. The new features and improved Bluetooth performance far outweigh these downsides.
Offline   Reply With Quote