jcooper776

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 UK
Default BIS Problem

Please Login to Remove!

Handset: 9700
Carrier: O2 UK

My 9700 has developed a problem with the blackberry internet service.

A couple of days ago i noticed my signal change from the usual uppercase GPRS or 3G with the blackberry symbol to lowercase gprs or a 3G with no blackberry symbol (indicating my blackberry internet service is not active).

I did nothing to cause this to happen, no newly installed apps, no changes to anything on the phone, not even rebooting it. It just stopped working.

Now- I used to work for another UK network doing blackberry tech support so I have a pretty good knowledge of how to fix things like this when they happen.

I have tried everything I can think of- soft resets, hard resets, re-registering via the host routing table, restoring to a previous backup, wiping the OS and all data completely and reinstalling from scratch. Nothing worked.

So I thought, maybe something has gone wrong on my account with my network provider. Spent a day on the phone to them, nothing wrong with my account, blackberry service showing active on all systems- they have deactivated and reactivated, removed my blackberry tariff and readded - I have even had a new sim card.

No luck, still the same.

I have also noticed that- there are no entries at all in my host routing table anymore. And I am missing the "provisioning" servicebooks that I know should be in there. No idea where they have gone, I haven't deleted them.

All very strange and no idea what the problem is, but I'm thinking it is the handset. I tried a friends blackberry enabled sim card (also on the same network) in my phone and that didn't work either.

Anyone any ideas on how to solve my issue as I am completely stuck at the moment.
Offline   Reply With Quote