View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 AM   #13
RichTJ99

Mark,

Thanks for the fantastic reply. I have a few more questions for you though.

First off, is there a "Flash" or "Java" demo for the 7520? Something that lists all the features of that particular phone (kind of like the CSK on Tmobiles website).

I am hoping to stop by a Nextel store tomorrow to check out the BB.

As far as the folder issues, right now I have 3 email accounts (4 if you count the tmail.com account I never use).

I have Account 1, Account 2, & Account 3.

For file management, all I do is have all emails that are coming to "Account 1" & the sidekick puts those emails into a folder called "Account 1", "Account 2's" emails are placed into an "Account 2" folder, the same for "Account 3".

From a folder management point, that is about as advanced as I get. I really only use my Sidekick for mobile email & my PC in the office is the "master", everything in site gets deleted off my sidekick on a daily basis. I do have a "saved" folder for emails I want to hang on to (those dont get deleted).

Would the default BB software handle this?

I also like being able to start an email & choose which account to use for the outgoing email. Email 1 is sent from Account 1, Email 2 is sent from Account 3, etc etc.

My email accounts are all pop3 set to leave messages on the server. I am hoping to get away with not using a BES for my needs (still working through the FAQ) as I do not want or need my BB to keep “every” folder & email in a downloadable state. I guess I wouldn’t want my emails out there like that (from a security perspective – of course who cares about my data anyway).

I currently use a PPC based solution (Dell Axim X50v) for most of my PDA items. Can I use both the Dell Axim & the BB on the same PC? I just bought the Dell a few months ago & would hate to never use it again because of a software configuration issue.

I will check out the reqwireless browser as well to speed up the web browsing. To be honest, I wont use it most of the time, just if I have a few minutes to kill. It really comes down to I am paying for a sidekick “web browser” that is unusable the 3 times per month I want to use it.

AIM is used on a similar level as well. The problem is that by the time I have IM’ed someone, I can DC them much faster.

Oh how is DC on the 7520, is it hard to hold? Also dialing out, right now on my I730, I can navigate to my contacts without looking (then I need to look to see), is there a “D pad” on the BB?

This might be a dumb question, but what is “The BWC”?

Thanks,
Rich