View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 02:55 AM   #6
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Then why would they use the 7130 naming convention? That makes no sense to me at all. Otherwise, Verizon could just as well have sold the 7100w or 7100e.. Heck, call it the 700w and screw up all the Treo users!
Code:
		<!-- 7100 EDGE -->
		<os radio="GPRS" series="7100" Colour="True" Theme="Normal" JVMLevel="1.0" Memory="Large" KeyboardType="Reduced" MMS="True" Bluetooth="True" Sound="Tunes8700g" SystemSize="normal" Backdrop="68M_240x260" ThemeSupport="Enhanced">0x84000903</os>
I dunno.

I was under the impression there was going to be a 7130t available at some point in the next few months from T-Mobile (mid-year or so?), where the added xx30 would be the high-speed version of the handheld (EDGE, UMTS, etc). Considering that Cingular already has UMTS available and T-Mobile will have it within a year and a few months and most of the major carriers in Europe and Asia (and Rogers in Canuckville) have UMTS already, then I'd assume that the above XML (in previous post) would have some weight to them...