Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
boldover
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
With Rogers, you will need a Blackberry plan for your blackberry. Their "normal" data plans are for windows mobile devices. They actually won't give you a Blackberry with a "normal" data plan. You get the Blackberry Plan for the amount of data you want and it either comes equipped with the BIS or BES capability so all your email and other data usage counts toward the data amount included in your plan. Unless you have one with WiFi and use it on that, of course. But that's fit for a different thread =) . So BIS and a 'data plan', on Rogers are not separate. You get the Blackberry plan, you get the BIS capability. Hope this helps! =D
Ahhh....I think I see. So if I switch from the $15 BB UL personal email plan to the $25/$30 500 mb BB data plan, then the email will chew up some of the 500 mb.

Hmmmmm...so I must figure out if I can get a credit on the data plans, and how much data my email will use up.

Rogers offers new data packages for all devices(which is mentioned in the other forum):

$30
10000SMS, 10000MMS, CID, EVM, Who-Called, and 500MB (BIS, WM, or iPhone)

3 Year Agreement is required!

All data overage protection applies! As well, both plans can be used for data hardware rebate pricing. 33.3% discount applies to additional Wireless Essentials. Data (500mb) is valued at $25, so maximum overage is $75.

Last edited by boldover; 01-06-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote