View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
brendanmc25
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

The conversion happens by a class that recives the url as a string, creates an image for me then just to call it's getBitmap() method. the class was given to me by a site (I will post the link to the class code in the next post as i'm not allowed in my ninth post!)
This converter class does work btw, I have it loading an image in the class itself - I have extended screen. I just can't seem to access the productImage externally??
I am so new at this so please forgive meif i have done it wrong but i populated my extended objectlistfield with product objects - this object contains 6 string variables and a image (bitmap) variable. I create the product object dynamically by splitting a string, on creation of the object it calls the class to convert prouctImagePath. I can get access to the product by this code

public void drawListRow(ListField listField, net.rim.device.api.ui.Graphics g, int index, int y, int width)
{
Product[] data;

Product p = (Product) get(listField, index);

but when i access the productimage variable it returns null. Doesn't matter how I access it, directly or indirectly. So is there something i could try or am i doing this process wrong. I can access the products string variable in drawlistrow but not the image.

as a workaround, i though about calling the converter class in the drawlistrow method itself, but everytime there is interaction with objectlistfiled there is network action, but never no image on my objectlistview.
Offline   Reply With Quote