View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #14
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Everything wasn't a complete success but it wasn't a complete failure either. I've never seen that OSQL error attaching a DB either. I did find this on Microsoft's web site though:

An assertion or Msg 7987 may occur when an operation is performed on an instance of SQL Server

It refernces using the CHECKDG command to look for inconsistencies in the DB, it's a nice thing to use once in a while. I've had to use it a few times.

But as long as the DB you restored is a BES 4.0 DB it's fine. All transactions are not saved in the DB, like email and wireless sync, so that's ok as well. As long as that DB has the same users and nothing significant was done within that 1 hour time frame then it's perfectly fine.

I'm not sure if ESM 2003 can work on Windows Server 2000 or if it's the other way around. But one of them are not compatible together. I think you would get a warning during the install as I'm sure it checks the OS version.

I would get the BES running on the Windows 2003 server first, move the BESAdmin mailbox and re-create the MAPI profiles. Then I would start moving users in groups and don't forget to run handheldcleanup -u to pick up the moved users.

Don't forget to update permissions for Exchange 2003, that will be very important for the users to work:

BlackBerry Search Results

Again, let us know how it goes and ask any questions that you may have.
Offline   Reply With Quote