View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
jdforbew

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Bold 9700/AT&T - Service Discontinued?

Please Login to Remove!

For years, I've been using my Blackberry Bold 9700, running OS6+ (which is the highest OS update that will install/work on Bold device) as my dedicated email device. I'm absolutely addicted to this specific model for a variety of reasons. Have been on AT&T network also for years as my data provider with no trouble.

About 3 weeks ago (i.e., early April 2018), device stopped working on AT&T platform. Even though Bold was connected to WIFI/receiving strong cellular connection, it no longer was able to send/receive emails - although it could receive SMS/MMS texts and make phone calls.

When I tried to address service books or relink device on Blackberry/AT&T (att.blackberry.com) website (FYI, that site is needed to support OS6), it would no longer register/accept device IMEI and errors out.

Speaking to AT&T, there's no problem with the service on their end - as far as they can tell. Since I thought it may have to do with one specific Bold device, I swapped SIM card onto two other 9700's that I have in reserve. None of them would associate/register with their respective IMEI's on the Blackberry/AT&T site.

* Did something recently happen where AT&T no longer supports Blackberry at this OS/device level? Did they change/remove something from their server that no would prevent device IMEI's from registering? Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Can anybody suggest any issues/help/remedies?

Any feedback and ideas much appreciated. I'm addicted to the Bold 9700. Tried upgrading to other Blackberry's and OS10. However, experience is not the same as I prefer.

PLEASE HELP! Thx

- Jdforbew
Offline   Reply With Quote