View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Experience With New Devices

I had a recent analogous experience with Amazon. I purchased an item (the BB Transform Shell case, actually) and had it shipped 2-day with my Prime account. Four day later, the case hadn't shown up, even though USPS told me they delivered it at my doorstep. Either some mailman took it home with him, or some random kid now has a case for a phone he doesn't own. When I went to the USPS website to find out how to get my missing package, I was given the option to call an 800 number or file a claim, which takes up to two weeks to process. Two weeks. I called the 800 number, but gave up after 10 minutes of menus and delays.

I chatted with an Amazon rep the next day. He not only replaced my lost item, but Amazon paid for overnight shipping. The case was at my door when I came home from work. I got my case, Amazon kept a happy customer. Win-win.

What's my point? Depending on who you are and what your situation is, Amazon is like Samsung, and BlackBerry is like USPS. Yes, both will offer the same basic products, but Samsung's service, at least in this case, is far superior.

Again, it's not a perfect analogy, but it works. BlackBerry needs to take situations like yours very seriously and improve their customer service.