View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
b52junebug
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Many
Carrier: Corp demo abuser..
Default Re: Just a good morning rant

I agree, to an extent. I guess for me its the request for the same security RIM provides with the fun consumer factor of iOS. For our organization its just rough to have someone come in and say we want the same security and reliability as our blackberry with the iPhone. And truth be told its not there. When some one accidentally wipes out their iPhone and iPad, Im expected to bring dead back to life and bring it back with all their info and settings like a blackberry. Again, its not there. There are so many downsides with trying to bring in a consumer device into an organization when it was never designed to be compatible with anything other than email. Not to mention that so many of us (companies) are adopting the technology with out thinking through the back end implications.

And yes I do know them. I have carried the iPhone for over a year as well as the iPad & iPad2, I have a Xoom, I have the playbook. So yes I have used them and have learned them. Its just the global mentality of the iPhone will solve world hunger.. Or as I had a user put it yesterday.. He drank the coolaide..

Just go with a BYOD solution, give the users email and citrix and when the device breaks, let them deal with it.. No?.. dang it..

Last edited by b52junebug; 06-09-2011 at 01:16 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote