View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #119
piusg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
Update: I got a Jabra XS10 Series 2 headset yesterday. It has been working fine, including at least one period of an hour or more with an idle connection, with the Bluetooth LED indicator set to On.

A little while ago, I tried setting the BT LED indicator back to Off. Approximately 2 minutes later, the phones Bluetooth went to Disabled. I went into BT options and Enabled BT again, then turned the LED indicator back on. The headset reconnected automatically, as soon as I enabled BT again, and now (with the LED indicator back on), the headset has maintained its idle connection for another 30 minutes already.
This is interesting.

I was reading through this thread for a few pearls of wisdom (please pardon the pun) when I came across your posts, StuartV.

I have a brand-new Verizon Wireless Curve with 4.3.0.127 on it, and a Jawbone. After a while, Bluetooth services on the 8330 would just stop and I'd have to go start them again manually--and even more irritating is that I would find out that the Bluetooth service had stopped on the 'Berry by hearing my ringing phone and not my ringing headset.

Now I did have the blue "anti-collision" Bluetooth indicator light off because it's obnoxiously bright and distracting on the 8330. But I'll turn it back on and see what happens...