View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #11
135AV8TOR

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default My 8800 Charges Fine But....

My 8800 charges fine both by the power cord and via the USB to the PC. I do not have the issue described above where it does not fully charge. These devices are complex pieces of technology so it could be a software issue but I think more likely it is either hardware or more probably a problem with the charger. I would think that the trickle power supplied by the PC via USB or the AC adapter via USB would both look the same to the device so if one works and the other does not then maybe the charger is bad.

On my 8800 the only think I have noticed about charging which I think is odd, is that when the device is turned off and plugged in for charging the LED on the top flashes a yellow-green color. I **"assumed"** that when the device was fully charged it would then turn solid green or perhalps just turn off. I have seen postings by Pearl Users that describe this behavior. Well, my device just keeps flashing yellow-green while charging and even after it is fully charged.

I would be curious to know what other 8800 users see in terms of the LED during charging when the device is off... and does it go solid or off or just keep flashing once fully charged?