View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #14
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

Just downloaded and installed e-Mobile Today for Storm. Trouble free install.

Pros :
- Cleanest, best looking PIM/Task app I've seen for the Storm by far
- Relatively easy navigation for where it lets you go
- Didn't seem to have the performance issue others have mentioned, but then I only used it for about 10 min before I removed it

Cons :
- No flexibility; General Setting options are Font Color, Font Size and whether to Automatically switch to foreground - that's it; Task view options are Show Completed Y/N, View by Categories or View by Month - default is View by Date - and that's it
- No added functionality - no colour coding of Categories, no additional sort capabilities, etc.

It's almost like they decided to go with minimal functionality but get the look right. And that they did. Maybe that works if you're just looking for a single screen to collect all your PIM apps together in one spot. But under that it's all native BB app functionality, nothing else.

This puts them WAY ahead on the look & feel front at the moment. However, the others I've tried (Agendus & PocketDay) offer WAY more functionality for roughly the same price, in addition to the "single screen" concept. Either e-mobile Today is going to have to add a ton of functionality real fast, or all the others are going to kick butt once they get the look & feel right - and then the price of e-mobile Today is going to have to drop way down to reflect the comparative value it doesn't offer.

Sorry - don't mean to be mean and am not going to ask for my money back, but $30 for this app is way steep. For me it's still Agendus for now, and I'll try Pocket Informant and PocketDay/PocketLists as well when they have proper Storm versions.

- R.
Offline   Reply With Quote