View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #43
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Re: Getting T-Zones bookmarks & downloadFun icon back

jbeers:

Thanks for the tip - I entered the bookmarks online and they appeared under the Bookmarks submenu of T-Zones. A nice compromise until someone figures out a way (or RIM allows us) to delete those predefined bookmarks and populate them with our own choices.

Speaking of - can someone confirm that the desktop software Service Pack 3 is what TMobile advertises as 3.6.14? I tried downloading the new handheld software version with the old desktop manager and it wouldn't even recognize it until I installed the new version on the TMo site...

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeers
Ok, heres the skinny on recovering your wap T-zones capability after you install the new OS & restore data..

You don't need to install anything else. Just go to tools/settings/hostRoutingTable and click the wheel. Highlight the entry in bold, click for a menu, and select "register now". Poof - your T-zones bookmarks reappear, along with the "downloadFun" desktop icon. I got this tip from Blackberry Tech support.

By the way, dont waste your time editing these wap preferences and setting bookmarks on the handheld. Log into t-mobile.com, go to MyT-zones, and configure the prefernces on your desktop. Your menus will be preconfigured when you register. 8)