View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #430
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumberry
IMO Suretype SUCKS. The QWERTY is the whole thing about a blackberry to me. Like a Mini computer keyboard. If i wanted something suretype-i would just stick to a regular cell phone-I hate typing like that-takes forever. QWERTY all the way. Which is why i am waiting for this dam 8703, otherwise 7250 here i come.
It sounds like you don't have a BlackBerry at all...so how can you say SureType sucks? It's not the same as t9 on a cell phone. There are two letters per key, but you only press the key once. SureType then kicks in and brings up the word that you wanted to type depending on your series of keys.

For example, if you wanted to type the word "example" you would press e/r z/x a/s m o/p l e/r keys and it would put in the word example. it's not like multitap where you have to do e/r z/x z/x a/s m o/p o/p l e/r keys to get it.

And if you compare the SureType on the 7100 series to the new 7130 from Cingular or Rogers, you can see that it's improved a lot.

Now, that being said, you may still not like SureType. It's not for everyone. Some people can't get it at all, some have it work, and some can fly through emails.

Zro