View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
jtreeves
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctor81 View Post
i have a verizon 8830 and recently updated to the 4.5.0.101 beta. everything worked fine on the software in, i thought. however, now noticed after plugging in my wall charger to charge the phone, it will not charge the battery. same thing with plugging it into the computer usb, however, the computer will recognize the device which tells me the usb port is good.

i eventually downgraded back to 4.2.2.196 and charging worked again.

anyone else running into this issue and have any work arounds until the official verizon release comes out. i dont want to wait till next year.

thanks in advance
I noticed a similar problem. The battery discharged at a higher than normal rate. When I attempted to charge it in the car, it wouldn't charge from the switched outlet (cig lighter). I changed to an unswitched (always on) outlet and it began to charge ok. Since then, it charges with the wall charger and the USB charger at work but still seems to discharge at a higher rate.

I will go looking for the .117 version over the holidays in the hope that that problem, and the continuing one with videos not working, will be resolved.

Best wishes to all for a safe holiday season and a happy new year!

JR
Offline   Reply With Quote