View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHouston View Post
Yes, of course it does refer to the software company.
I could just put "Blackberry" or "RIM" but the form states "name", and the IT department will likely come back and say, yeah, WHO should we call in case software x interferes with software y.
And I might be willing to put just "Blackberry Customer Service" if I found a customer service number, but the contacts page lists no such thing that I saw -- a sales service telephone number to sell customer service programs, yes, but not a generic number, since Blackberry (quite reasonably, I think) clearly considers these many forums to be the frontline of customer service.
A quick search on blackberry.com revelealed the following:

BlackBerry Incident Based Support for Smartphone Users – $49 USD
BlackBerry® smartphone users can receive support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any issues relating to BlackBerry® Internet Service, smartphone functionality and approved smartphone applications at a cost of $49 USD per incident.

Purchase a smartphone support incident by calling 1-877-255-2377 (toll free) or 1-519-888-6181. Upon entering the telephone menu, select option 2 for technical support, followed by option 4 to be routed appropriately.

Put down that number although I'm not sure how much support they give to DM, as I don't have it loaded anywhere.
Offline   Reply With Quote