View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #86
phillyslickster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7
Carrier: T-Mobile

I must say that it is true. I had T-Mobile about 3 years ago and then I switched over to Cingular. I would have patchy coverage in Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New Jersey. The service would go in and out. Well, one day I was travelling on 76 West in Pennsylvania and had lost service on my T-Mobile phone and had to stop to place a call because I had become lost. I just noticed that whenever I travelled to other places that sometimes I'd have great coverage and other times I wouldn't have little to no coverage. According to what I've read, T-Mobile is supposedly widening their spectrum and with roaming agreements with Cingular as long as you have a wireless phone that includes the 850 MHz band, then you should be able to roam. Now whether this is actually so or not, I don't know because I have not tested that theory myself personally. I have some friends who have T-Mobile service and they're saying that they are now getting coverage in areas where they originally had no coverage.

I know that I pay a lot more with Cingular than I would with T-Mobile. The issue is it depends on what the person using the service wants. DO they want service that works when they're home and away from along with a more costly bill? Or do they want patchy coverage depending on where they are and more bang for their buck? Too bad it couldn't be the best of both worlds.