Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #81
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSurge View Post
Upgraded to .167 about a week ago and my Bold is sufferinf some serious memory leaks, I'll go from 32.1mb of free app memory, to about 12.4mb. Anyone having similiar issues? Should I downgrade or go to the beta?
Having the same issue. Mine is an AT&T bold which came w/ .167 installed. Have only had it since Monday but I notice major memory leaks and it is inconsistent. Yesterday I did an Alt-Shift-Del reboot and had 25mb of free memory. Maybe an hour later I had around 3mb!!! All I did in the interim was send and receive a few emails, make a few phone calls and use the web browser. The only 3rd party apps I have installed are Facebook and Google Maps.

Also my battery life isn't so hot....can easily go a day but no where near 2. I have Wifi off, bluetooth on and GPS on. I never really use GPS, in fact I have a hard time getting it to lock on in NYC - will turning that off help matters?

I am in NYC so I have a pretty good 3G signal most of the time. Every now and then it will kick to EDGE but rarely.

Overall love the phone (seems really speedy) but not impressed w/ memory or battery usage.

Haven't tried any other OSs on the Bold so nothing to compare it to.

Last edited by EricScott; 11-07-2008 at 01:34 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote