View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #39
tbphoto

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

I agree that Mapquest is working out very well in my area (New Mexico). I tried the Garmin trial and was amazed that it couldn't find addresses that both Telenav and Mapquest found with ease. I deleted the Garmin program pretty quickly. I've had a subscription to Telenav for several months. Unfortunately, Telenav got really weird a couple of weeks ago and its accuracy and tracking went down the tubes. Telenav was making so many mistakes, I found I couldn't use it, which is ashame as it has some nice features and it worked with my Bluetooth headsets. I've now subscribed to Mapquest also and it is working great. I'm finding the Mapquest Navigator to be easier to understand, directions seem more detailed, love the "night mode", and it appears to be VERY accurate with addresses and navigation. Much better than Telenav for me so far. Can't get it to work with Bluetooth, and the interface maybe not quite as slick, but overall, seems to be the best bang for the buck at the moment, especially at $50/year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeledesmadds View Post
I thought the application left much to be desired, two thumbs down, very enthusiastically down, Mapquest is so much better.
Offline   Reply With Quote