View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->
Default Re: What's the latest official OS for STL 100-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
1. It would just be an announcement, as the official OS would be available OTA, and YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) depending on where you live and who your carrier is.

2. They don't list OS by carrier, I mean, you could Google that information and try to keep it up to date, but in my experience, that is an effort with diminishing returns. In fact, I have been trying to keep track with a database since BB10 dropped, and it's not pretty. I have been thinking of getting back up to date with the legacy OS versions. We'll see.

3. There are just too many leaks, all with too many variations and different Android runtime versions. Autoloaders are available from torrent sites 'Search BerryLeaks' and you can probably find a few. I can't even help people until I find out what version they are on (finding out halfway through they don't even have that option in their settings (as an example))

You're welcome to fill the gap
If I had the resources, I would definitely help fill the gap, but I wouldn't know where to start.

For #2 even though they don't list by carrier, doesn't Blackberry announce what is the last one in circulation?
I am sure carriers are not developing the software, basically they act as the testers and in some cases adding their apps into the OS (bloatware is not an issue on BB, unlike Android). So the difference between 10.2.0.424 and
10.2.0.1791 should not be because of carrier, but because carrier tested that 1791 and decided to release it to their users.

Ideally, the most reliable and near complete OS for most BB10 users should be the latest one released by ANY carrier anywhere for same/similar device. So, why not focus on this, and forget about the leaks? (unless it is a major release, because once 10.2.1 was out, all variants were just trying to fix something that was broken, while breaking something else.. that would be impossible to keep track of, let alone verify if it is in fact a different release or someone fiddling with the file version/signature adding digits)