View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #75
Hauser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: BlackBerry PlayBook is ‘dead on arrival’, analyst claims.

Spent an hour with a PB this weekend. Flash videos worked (slowly), Flash ads really slowed down the loading of many webpages I tried, and most Flash apps I tried didn't work at all, don't know if this is a mobile Flash limitation but it seems like "full web" really just means "plays Flash videos". Didn't have a BB to test against so couldn't test the productivity features. Browser and many apps very jittery and clunky. NFS game clunky. I really liked the bezel gestures, but multitouch gestures would be a nice addition as well. Found the sound of the onscreen keyboard clicks very satisfying for some reason. Loaded a bunch of apps and started seeing weird behaviour like apps opening very slowly, one app (Tetris) quit with no notification, and the browser hiccupped badly.

My opinion, bottom line: basically worthless without a BB phone. Even if you're an enterprise BB user or BES admin, the Playbook feels like a very beta piece of kit with extremely limited applications, if you've managed to go without a tablet until now you can surely wait another 6 months until the OS stabilizes and app developers hopefully start to fill in the cracks.
Offline   Reply With Quote