View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #42
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrada
I would like to hear from anyone who may have returned from Europe in the last few weeks. Because I have contacted the Blackberry customer service folks at T-Mobile and have been told that the $19.99/month international data roaming charge does not include internet use or teathering the phone for use as a modem. They tell me it is designed solely for e-mail usage. Internet use and modem use will be charged per kb used at $15/MB. This is also how the web site describes it. Are there any recent experiences anyone can share on this point?
I used my BB a lot for Web access during three weeks in England and France in June/July and was NOT charged anything on top of the $19.99/mo. unlimited international charge (I can't speak to using it as a tethered modem). I had got their international customer service guy to expressly confirm this to me before I left, expecting to have a dispute when I got back, but was pleasantly surprised. It is true that they have renamed the plan the unlimited international email plan, but that happened before I left, and I doubt that I somehow got grandfathered. Having said all that, it does seem to be something of a crapshoot.