View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
johnny_boy_uk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9380
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK

Progress update 3

Just time for a quick note to say things have gone well, thanks for all your help gibson_hg.

I powered off the non-working intermediate BES 4.0 and got BES 4.0 installed and working on the Windows 2003 Server (with the database that would attach without errors).

All users and settings came in and things started working straight away, but emails from Outlook to devices took 20mins to deliver, while devices emailing out was instant. Upgrading to SP7 fixed that, then upgraded to SP7 MR1 then SP7 MR2.

Then shut the BES serverdown, moved the BESAdmin mailbox to Exchange 2003, brought the BES server back up and the new server location was found ok in the MAPI profile.

I'd found the "Send As" in AD previously to this and set the permission, but it wasn't where the docs said!

I also don't have First Administrative Group in Exchange 2003 System Manager, (I didn't set our up our Exchange environment) but I did delegate View Only Administrator with the help of a colleauge yesterday. The mailbox store level is inheriting Administer Information Store, Recieve As and Send As.

I appear to be having trouble after moving users to Exchange 2003, the devices nolonger send or receive email or Calendar (or anything wirelessly), no error on the device (plenty in the logs about being unable to access the mailbox). However I'm only doing this with test users on a spare device added to the BES after the BESAdmin move to Exchange 2003. An earlier test user setup before BESAdmin moved to Exchange 2003 migrated over to Exchange 2003 without this problem, so I will test and find out tomorrow if existing users will migrate ok.

Thanks again!
Offline   Reply With Quote