View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
simulator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

This is in fact true. Call your provider, explain you need to talk to rim support. When you get connected to RIM, explain the issue -- they will transfer you to email support. Then they add your domain to the master list of domains that have BIS push functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandt View Post
I did a fair amount of searching on here before posting this. I also had tried numerous times myself with various methods and attempts before finally calling RIM. I'm more than happy to have shelled out the $49 bucks to RIM in order to get this functioning but more importantly to share that information with you guys.

Here's the skinny, and here's what I've found to be very very helpful.
RIM apparently has have updated their systems internally to recognize any gmail hosted(including Google Apps) e-mail addresses as Gmail accounts. They are internally RIM prioritized as being Gmail and receive "Notification Request's" which is what makes it push. When you use your Google Apps e-mail and password the BIS SHOULD see google in your MX records and automatically flag it. NOTE: this is not 100% YET.

If you're account was setup already you should delete it and try again.

What I've found is that you should wait at least 72 hrs after integrating the Google Apps account BEFORE trying this. I believe a large amount of the problems I was having was due to the fact that my DNS & MX records had not fully updated themselves yet. Give your domain and hosting service some time to get those google records nice and warm in your domain.

If that still doesn't work, it's time to call rim. You'll have to do some minimal customer servicing/explaining but eventually they'll ask their supervisor and they'll do it.

I'm unbelievably proud, thrilled, and excited to share that it's fully integrated via Gmail's push and the technician was equally excited when he told me we had gotten the "Notification Request"/push for my domain!

Hope this helps anyone from any headaches.

p.s- One last thing to remember, your domain now functions as a Gmail and while that gives you the push, you also get the DUPLICATES. Use your filters and any other problem solvers you run into as you would with a regular gmail account.

Last edited by simulator; 02-26-2008 at 03:17 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote