View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #6
Khue
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, it ended up taking me damn near the whole weekend to figure it out however, I've managed to do it. The majority of the problem centered around adding Authenticated Users to 3 seperate folders. On my BES there were 3 seperate places i had to touch. The folders include:

Code:
C:\program files\common files\research in motion
C:\research in motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Package Cache\FILESHARE_<servername>\RIM
C:\program files\research in motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs
For some reason on our install only local admins had rights to do this. This was particularly odd considering a domain account that had "local admin" rights to the bes setup the account.

The database consistancy service had to be turned on and in order to get a faster response on the log file while troubleshooting i changed the polling for the policies from the standard 4 hours to 10 minutes (never ever do this unless absolutely necessary, this is such a bad idea i lack the verbage to illustrate how utterly bad this is to do on a production box).

The entire process took about two days to do and i can now wirelessly deploy/install applications. Whooo hoooo!