View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #38
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation I say, I say, hold on just a minute there!

(Note: This post is best viewed on your BlackBerry's built-in Internet Browser, running in HTML mode, not WAP, with Foreground and Background Colors turned ON.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
Thank GOD Cingular is getting this phone. No way I would go to T-Mo for this but now it looks like I will not have to!
Well Greg, I know you're in Florida and I'm in Maryland, so service is undoubtedly different where you are, but... don't be so quick to knock T• • •Mobile.

Based on my experience with a Sidekick from August of '03 to February of '05, I used to think T• • •Mobile sucked balls! But as it turns out, the device and its servers were more to blame for the poor experience than T• • •Mobile was. The Color Sidekick was just a poorly made device, paired up with servers run by guys that don't really know what they're doing.

I know this now because 2 weeks ago, I bought a 8700g with T• • •Mobile, and it's everything the Color Sidekick was NOT! Reliable, dependable, fast... all around a superior experience. And with Sprint's degradation of the Nextel network in the DC/Baltimore market, I'm actually getting BETTER service on T• • •Mobile than on Nextel! "More bars in more places" and fewer dropped or failed calls... 0 dropped or failed so far, actually! Even Cingular can't truthfully make that claim, try as they might.

Of course, T-Mo has spent the last 2 years improving their coverage. And with their aggressive bidding in the FCC spectrum auction this past fall, their network coverage will continue to get better. I never thought I'd say this, but T• • •Mobile has finally impressed me. I was wrong about them, and I'm man enough to admit it.

And it also helps that they're the ONLY carrier in this market that offers a plan that even remotely makes up for losing my Free Incoming Calls. Their new My Faves plan will save me a ton of minutes every month! And they're a great deal less expensive than everyone else. I've easily shaved $20-30 off my monthly bill switching to them, maybe as much as $40! Still waiting for my first bill to confirm the actual amount.

Also, their unlimited data is TRULY unlimited, as confirmed by people that have used their s for tethered modems. Good luck tethering on Cingular or Verizon Wireless without paying the monthly fee for tethering! I've been told by several salespeople in Cingular corporate stores that Cingular DOES look at how much bandwidth you use and if they think you're tethering (i.e. they see huge amounts of bandwidth used), they'll tack-on overage charges or their tethering fee! A little bit too Big Brotherish for my taste, thankyouverymuch!

But if they work best for you, more power to you, man.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-04-2007 at 07:50 PM..