View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentarus
Well I have to admit I am impressed... I have the 8703e on the Bell Mobility Network and we all know that the GPS is disabled (like Verizon)... But I downloaded the application and gave it a try... It actually returned a location!!!! Granted it is not very accurate (a few street down from my house) so not that good for direction... But to find what is near me... It will work... Now.. If only there was a Canadian content! Because as it is... There is absolutely nothing near me!
Good to hear it is working. The reason you are seeing a variation in the location is the application most likely fell back to the cell tower location in this case. At that, it is better than nothing if you don't know where you are.. but we would like to do better longterm.

In my own trips to the Toronto area, i also had frustration with no content. We have had discussions about providing Canadian data as an additional feed, as of right now it is not available. Of course from a product guy, you won't get guarantees but you can rest assured it is something we are interested in.
Offline   Reply With Quote