View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbayyouth
I have the 8703e (Verizon) installed the software successfully. I know that verizon cripples the GPS, yet someone said above that this application works with Verizon.

It doesn't seem like this is a GPS program. ie: i have to type in the address of where i am currently located and then type in the destination. Shouldn't the GPS automatically recognize my current location and all i would have to do is type in the destination?

So it would seem this aspect of the program is a maps program, i type in the two points of on the map and it retrieves the information from your website similar to mapquest but on the blackberry. It gives voice direction via prompts by user, not by gps.

Am i correct in all this or am i missing something?

Seems like the program is a combination of 411 and BB Maps. Which isn't a bad thing, but i thought i was getting a free gps application.
Sorry for the confusion.. I will actually go back and update the initial text to be more clear.

This DOES find your location using GPS if you have a phone / carrier that supports it. Otherwise you are correct in that you have to type in your information and look up what's around you. Unfortunately, phone/carrier GPS support is limited. We are focused on trying to get PUCK support as soon as we can.
Offline   Reply With Quote