View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #11
jasbart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
If you log onto the AT&T BIS web site, you should be able to create a login for your GoDaddy account so that the emails are directly accessed through the business account as opposed to redirected to your Blackberry account. You would receive the mail after the GoDaddy spam filters have cleaned the mailbox. The bad thing in comparison to what you are doing now is that the mail would often be delayed somewhat, by up to a maximum of 15 minutes.

This is exactly what I do with my public business account to keep spam to a minimum, although that account is not a Godaddy account. I suspect that you will need to have all of the relevant ISP information in order to get it to work properly.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't this "pulling" the email from the GoDaddy site, as opposed to having the email "pushed" to the Blackberry? The whole reason for having a Blackberry is the "push" nature of the email. Why have a Blackberry if you don't receive email in a timely manner?

I appreciate your efforts, but I think it's high time that Blackberry comes up with an effective spam filter, other than the highly ineffective one on BIS.

Jim
Offline   Reply With Quote