Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #21
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
In Asia, I see the same culture. Except that everyone seems to be doing this on Nokias, Samsungs and Sony Ericssons. Lately the iPhone too. And maybe a few Motorolas here and there. Its amazing to see how people can type so fast just using a tiny T9 keyboard.

When I eat in a restaurant or in public, without looking at the phone but simply from the hand gestures or movement, I can tell if the person is holding a Blackberry or a Nokia. More on the thumb, if the person is scrolling a trackball or pressing a joystick. Most of the time, the Blackberry users are expatriates, traveling businessmen from the US or Canada, or Asians that work, live or naturalized in NA and is visiting their relatives.

There is still so much of the world RIM has to conquer.
This is because Asia is more focused mobile entertainment (TV, Music, etc.) than mobile e-mail. They are also focused on having slim phones that fit well in the pocket. Very rarely will you see an Asian with a pouch or holster on their waist.

When I was in Korea last summer, I was the only person I saw with a BlackBerry (an 8707g that I had picked up in Guam a few months earlier), and I got a lot of funny looks on the subway. I got even more funny looks with my Samsung F700V. I had people staring over my shoulder all the time to see what I was using.