Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: robbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindmar
Just got an 8700r today and am reading this after

few questions
1) how can I monitor data usage?
2) should the edge/wireless network be left on at all times?
Hi lindmar, welcome to the forum;
I am not aware of a way to monitor data usage. It'd have to be a provider supplied feature, and Rogers doesn't have that. Maybe somebody out there can confirm this. Email does not use a lot of data, however browsing the net does. Mark Rejhon has written extensively on data usage in here. If you have the $40 plan you have 3 months of real unlimited, so go all out. If you have the $25 plan be very very careful for the first month. With the 8700 it is very easy to use up 0.5MB in a short time. The $60 "unlimited" plan gives you more flexibility, but again, it's not hard to exceed 25MB. Call customer service, if necessary a few times, and mention that you are concerned about incurring overages. Many of the customer service people are very cool and, since you are a new customer, one of them may set you up with 3 months of real unlimited. Yeah i leave the radio on my 7290 on all the time. You only rack up data if you are actively browsing the net, or if you have your instant messaging clients running, and of course if you send and receive email, but to a much lesser extent. I hope this helps.

shadowbox
BB 7290