View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #47
mistermix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_dfw_tx
I posted this under the 71xx forum, but meant to post it here....Question regarding the new VZW BIS....I know one can select the "sent from" address when composing a new e-mail, but what happens when you are replying to an e-mail that has been forwarded to your BIS account...Example...I have my work e-mail forwarded to my blackberry.net address (we don't have BES)....using the old BIS, when I respond to a work e-mail I ensure my sent from address is my work address and no one is the wiser (unless they look at the headers, but most people don't), but with the new BIS it looks like it isn't possible to do this....Am I missing something?
Not unless I'm missing it, too. Replies assume you want to reply using the address where BIS got the mail (if retrieved via POP or IMAP), or your default address as defined in BIS (if the mail was forwarded to you).

This is a pain, because, in practice, it means that you can really only forward one email address to your BB, unless you don't care that your correspondents get a reply with a different return address than the one where they sent the email.