View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:25 AM   #201
pager_guy

Model: 7250
Exclamation Bell Mobility 7250 & IM+ not connecting

Please Login to Remove!

hi everyone!

I have a bell mobility 7250 software 4.0.0.204 and i have an unlimited BB data plan. i can get WAP sites via the secure WAP browser and via the regular Internet browser i can get http requests filled.

the IM+ clients (both WAP and BES versions) just don't want to communicate at all nor does the auto-config work worth beans.

Quote:
Bell Mobility - Does NOT Work; Need MDS hosting
Unfortunately, none of the Bell Mobility BlackBerries have a TCP/IP stack enabled. Not even the 7250. A future BlackBerryOS may fix this, or Bell Mobility might enable the feature in the future. No timeline known. For now, get BES/MDS Hosting in order to make 3rd party Internet applications work
any ideas Mark????

anybody?????

***********UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE***********

i figured out Bell Mobility's settings by "hacking" together some settings off the main list of providers, and VOILA!! it works now in WAP version.

WAP Gateway: 207.236.197.199
WAP Gateway Port: 9203
WAP APN: internet.com <---- apparently this _IS_ now required and cannot be blank!

once i typed this in and clicked "trial" my services popped up after a short delay!!

YIPPEE!!!

PIN: 300b66c1

Last edited by pager_guy; 12-09-2005 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: ***********UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE***********
Offline   Reply With Quote