View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #202
triprince
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrave
Sorry if I'm a newbie -- I've seen a lot of discussion about using GPRS w/o BES. Nice FAQ Mark. But I still have some questions...

I just got a BB6710 off of eBay and upgraded the sw to v4.

I currently have a very good voice plan, including "unlimited mMode data" with Cingular Blue (former AT&T).

I would like to try out the BB before I switch off my plan, with the concern that if I don't like the BB device, I'll switch back to my Microsoft SmartPhone (mpx220).

I'm not too interested in the BES/push features of the BB, but more so the WAP/HTML browsing, chat, etc.

I see "Data connection refused" along with a lowercase "gprs" on my home screen.

After I upgraded, I lost my browser icon. So I've installed Minuet. When I try to browse to a site, I get "Sorry, Page Not Found!"

I've changed TCP setting to "proxy" and tried "internet" and "internet.com" -- still no difference.

Am I out of luck, or is there something I can get Cingular to add to my account (no-cost) to enable me to browse WAP/HTML on my BB?

Thanks,
thecrave
Minuet requires either BES or a service provider-hosted IP gateway. As a BIS user, you will need to set up access to the IP gateway from your service provider.

Please check out the following link which shows the settings for most popular service providers:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185

These settings do change so please check with your service provider to make sure they are correct.
Offline   Reply With Quote