Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
While I agree that RIM isn't going to shrivel up and die tomorrow, I have concern with some of your comments:

How do you state, as fact, that "you could literally run iOS and Android on top of QNX and it would all run smooth"? Have you done this? Do you know this for certain?

First, apps may not be important to you, but they are important generally speaking. And 50 apps on any device is quite a lot. Plus, bear in mind that 50 apps on my device won't likely be the exact same 50 apps on your device. So there would have to be more than 50 apps that we both find useful in App World to cover the two of us. Except that there are more than two people using BlackBerry devices. End result: there needs to be a much bigger, better selection of apps than currently available.

Second, explain how Apple did whatever it is you say they did with regards to Facebook. Apple has nothing to do with the Facebook app on the iPhone. That is written by developers at Facebook, not Apple. Plus, Facebook on the PlayBook is not the only tablet app for Facebook. For example, Facebook is coming pre-loaded on the HP Touchpad, and there is Friendly for Facebook on the iPad (among others). So what do you mean "there's only one single Facebook app that is made for tablets, and that's on the Blackberry"?
Facebook on the Playbook was the first Facebook released that was tablet optimized.

And when I talk about Facebook and Apple I mean this;
http://blogs.forbes.com/ericjackson/...book-vs-apple/

Why would you develop better versions for your competition. Facebook has way better versions for BB than any other device. FB 2.0 on the BB in Beta right now is quite nice and I really enjoy the PlayBook version too. To my knowledge, neither iOS or Android have versions comparable to what the BB has.

Last edited by Cooper; 06-28-2011 at 02:03 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote