Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Playbook Education

Please Login to Remove!

Lots to learn about the Playbook. It, like most devices, has weirdities that throw a kink in the learning curve. I still like the machine but have a couple questions. As a reminder for those who have not been breathlessly awaiting the next post and so don't remember history, I've had my Playbook about a month and have viewed all the Blackberry demos.

Is the Playbook, well, unstable?
When took it off the charger last night speaker sound was just a bunch of static. Plugged in a headset and the sound was the same. A bit later it worked fine.
Another example is the touch screen. Sometimes it seems a breath of air will bring an action. Other times I can pound on the screen, tap and hold, whatever, and Nothing. I've tried different keyboard settings with no change.

Is there a way to edit the autospell dictionary? Is there a way to command spellcheck? I'm used to finishing a document and then doing a last spell check of the whole document. Haven't figured out a way to do that.

Is there a way to print from the Playbook? They use the word Print a lot. There is even a Print To Go thingy. But, none of that seems to be able to actually put a document on paper. Yes, I could make it an email attachment, send it to another computer and print from that one. But, from the Playbook?

Enough for now.
Offline   Reply With Quote